Freedom

I went for a bike ride the other day.  Just 10 minutes with the baby at home with Daddy, and I felt so free and alive.  Legs and heart pumping and the breeze blowing on my skin.  I used to do fun rides of 15 miles on any given day, charity bike rides of up to 100 miles, and Ben and I went bicycle camping and hauled all of our gear to a state park.
This year I was on my bike 3 times.  Once at 7 and a half months pregnant--a horrible idea, once about 3 weeks after giving birth--an equally horrible idea, and then this ride.  The most glorious 10 minutes all week.  I can't recommend it enough.
What little escapes make you feel free?

3 comments:

melissa said...

how wonderful! hooray for the breeze on your skin!

i had a little me-time yesterday too - brian took lily to a birthday party last night and i found myself with two hours all my own. i used them to catch up on email and then to chat on the phone with lindsey. not quite the same as a bike ride, but it was good for my soul nonetheless.

cmv said...

hooray! i am so glad you were able to get out and have such a freeing ride! you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

i bought a used roadbike in may (as a graduate present to myself) - i love getting out for rides. they don't happen enough, but when they do it feels so so nice! now, its snowy and cold so swimming and yoga will be more like it...beth

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)