Baby Quilt 2

Two months ago I had a day when I just wanted to whip out a quilt top all at once.  The very easiest way to do that is to make a strip quilt in baby size.  I grabbed some fabric that I needed to use up and then grabbed a few more wacky options from my stash and this came together in no time.  The straightline quilting was quick and easy and I've been working on my machine binding, too.

Baby Quilt 2

This quilt is for 100 Quilts for Kids.  Katie of SwimBikeQuilt is a friend and member of the DC Modern Quilt Guild and she started the 100 Quilts for Kids drive.  Katie is hosting a local charity sewing day on September 28th (details on her blog) to sew quilts and the DC MQG will be there stitching away.

I have another strip quilt to show tomorrow and I'll tell you then about the charity that I'll send both of them to. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this one! especially the bright green stripe!
-melissa

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Thanks for linking up, Melinda. I'm doing a 100 Quilts quilt parade next week--can I share a picture of this one and link back, etc?

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)